Monday, June 7, 2021

Sherlock 6 - Book Covers

 No one can argue about the importance of book cover.

For most of my books I have had the good fortune of accessing the talents of Windsor graphic artist Greg Maxwell. 

For my new book, Sherlock 6, I again asked Greg to design the  cover.

In his effort to find the right cover, Greg went through a few different designs.

Here is an early concept which Greg incorporated Big Ben striking 6 o'clock.

I liked this one even though my first name is misspelled.

Here are two that led to the final cover for the paperback.


This next one is the draft for the cover I plan on using for the Kindle version of Sherlock 6


Here are the final designs. One thing I insisted on was that if Big Ben was on the cover, I wanted the clock to strike 6. 










No comments:

Post a Comment